ARK: Survival Evolved Feedback and Vote

Forums The Coffee Table ARK: Survival Evolved Feedback and Vote

Should we proceed with the current ARK: Survival Evolved Master Plan™?

The current plan is to host an ARK: Survival Evolved night every other Monday on "off" weeks.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes, hosting ARK: Survival Evolved on "off" weeks is a good idea.
  • No, hosting ARK: Survival Evolved on "off" weeks is a bad idea.
  • I have another idea which I have added to this thread.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Drek
    @drek

ARK: Survival Evolved was originally suggested as an option by at least one of us. It was added because yours truly noticed that several of us seemed to be playing it with some regularity. However, so far the process by which we came to the decision that we would be having an ARK: Survival Evolved night every other week was not democratic. This thread will be my feeble attempt to inject some democracy into that process.

I’ll just offer my initial feedback on the game. It seems like fun, and it seems like a game we can have some fun playing together, and that is the point this entire exercise. From a purely nerd perspective, I like the fact that this is a newer game and it offers a decent stress test for both our server and client hardware and operating systems.

So the exact plan is to run this game every other Monday evening, server time, on “off” weeks so that it doesn’t interfere with our regular Game Nights™. I’m going to put up a poll, and please feel free to offer any feedback or other suggestions.

Saltine
    @saltine
    cheers
    Up
    Down
    boos

I do have another idea, which might be a “while we’re interested” kind of idea.. bear with me, I’m thinking and typing at the same time, so this isn’t fully formed…
    If it would not stress your bandwidth/connectivity to leave the server running for a few days in the off FPS game week, this kind of persistent world might benefit from some extended time up. Maybe 2 days in the off week, where people can drop in and out as their schedules permit? Is that even something we want to think about?
    I thoroughly enjoyed it, once I got the hang of some of the mechanics, and I found myself on my lunch hour today thinking I wanted to drop in on our little world and tame me a dino…

Drek
    @drek
    cheers
    Up
    Down
    boos

I guess the thing that concerns me about that idea is I’d like us to progress at a similar rate. Maybe that’s silly, and it won’t happen anyway, but I know other level based games don’t work so well if you have a level 100 trying to hang out with a level 20.

Drek
    @drek
    cheers
    Up
    Down
    boos

I’m thinking about having the ARK server up 24/7, other than official Game Nights™. Trying to figure out, in my current bedraggled state, what that means for the household network. A full 100 person ARK server would only take about 6mbps upload, and I have 15mbps available. Even on game nights the most we have in a game is 8, so that really shouldn’t be an issue.

I just have to wrap my head around the idea. The first order of business will be a good night’s sleep…

Saltine
    @saltine
    cheers
    Up
    Down
    boos

progressing at a similar rate is not a bad idea at all… like I said, I was going off the top of my head…

Drek
    @drek
    cheers
    Up
    Down
    boos

There are no bad ideas, only ideas that are used to pave roads…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Coffee Table ARK: Survival Evolved Feedback and Vote