What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Before we get started with the technical notes, I’d like to make a few things very clear.
- We are a group of friends interested in getting together and playing some games online.
- We are not interested in your personal information, or your “data”.
- We have no interest in selling you anything, other than, perhaps, a game that we would like to play together.
- If anyone does suggest that you buy a game, the money goes to whomever is selling the game, not us.
- We have no interest in selling anything you share with us.
- The only data we keep will be your posts, your user name, your password and the email address you associate with your account, as well as any personal information you choose to add to your account profile.
- This site may get hacked, many sites do, so please, I’m begging you, use a unique password, and not a password you use anywhere else.
- You are not required, or expected, to use your real name when you register. The field that asks for your name is your “pretty” name that will be visible on your profile and posts.
Search engines are what makes the web go round. This site has been SEO optimized, which hopefully means it will appear on search engines. Anything posted to this site could appear on search engines, which means it will be monetized and used to target and deliver advertising.
You must register to post on the forums. When you register you enter a user name, an email address and a password. We also collect your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you participate in the forums, your post and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.